2021 NIH Proof of Concept Network Annual Meeting
December 7 - December 9Free
Are you an academic innovator interested in opportunities to advance your discovery towards practical use?
Or an investor/strategic partner looking to learn about emerging and innovative early-stage technology?
Or just interested in learning about an innovative model to support entrepreneurship and early-stage product development.
Join the free and virtual NIH Proof of Concept Network Annual Meeting December 7-9 to learn how NIH has
developed an innovative public-private partnership to advance innovative scientific discoveries towards healthcare solutions.
About the Network
The NIH Proof of Concept Network includes 15 hubs around the country, spanning more than 100 universities and colleges in 34 states and Puerto Rico. The program provides entrepreneurial training and mentoring, pilot funding to support critical product definition studies, milestone-based project management, and project specific feedback from public and private partners.
Since its inception, the NIH Proof-of-Concept Network has provided entrepreneurship training to over 4000 academic innovators and supported the advancement of over 400 innovative academic discoveries towards healthcare products. These innovators have created more than 100 startups and raised more than $1 Billion in private-sector funding.
Who should attend:
- Participants of the NIH Proof of Concept Network programs
- Academic innovators and entrepreneurs
- Investors and Strategic Partners
- Technology Transfer Professionals
- Anyone interested in entrepreneurship and early-stage product development
The meeting will include:
- Innovator Showcase Pitch Event
- Joint Session on academic technology translation with Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM)
- Panel discussion on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts across the network